Here are the food service inspections reported by the Onondaga County Health Department from March 19 to 25:
7879 Oswego Road, Liverpool, NY 13090
Visited on March 21, 2023 at 1:48 pm
Serious Violations: Water/Ice: Unsafe, unauthorized source, cross connection. Inspector’s Findings: The short length of cut garden hose connected to the mop sink lacks the vacuum breaker attachment as required. Correction – Keep the hose disconnected until a vacuum breaker is installed.
Violation: Interior of ice machine above soda fountain not clean, mold noted.
Some of the green wire shelving in the walk-in cooler is not clean with food preparation. The outside top of the soda fountain is not clean.
The sink in the men’s restroom is not clean.
Current food service establishment permit is not on display, expired permit is still present.
Tulum Mexican Restaurant
325 West Manlius Street, East Syracuse, NY 13057
Accessed at 2:10 pm March 23, 2023
Serious Violations: About 12 homemade salsas stored at 57 degrees on the counter. The staff said it was out for an hour. Fixed – Moved to walk-in cooler.
Prep cooler not functioning properly to maintain potentially hazardous food items at 45 degrees or below. Food items listed above in prep cooler between 61 and 62 degrees with 2 cups sour cream, 3 cups guacamole and 4 lbs. The following food items in the tomato prep cooler are specified between 52 and 57 degrees including 1 lb. of chorizo, 10 lbs. of chicken, 2 lbs. Shrimp, 10 pounds of beef. Staff state items have been cold for two days. CORRECTED – ALL PRODUCTS VOLUNTARY DISCONTINUED.
Violation: Employee drinks reserved at prep table.
Employees are preparing without wearing hair restraints.
Kitchen bathroom door not self-closing as required.
The hand wash sink is not easily accessible, with the chip bin stored in front of it. has been corrected.
Comment: Cold buffet items noted at 47 degrees. Adding more ice to the buffet and using metal pans is recommended. Used to discuss critical violations of the Spanish language line.
The following establishments were inspected but no violations were found:
- Al Amir Middle Eastern Grill, 2204 Genesee Street, Syracuse
- Angry Pig BBQ Commissary (The), 7990 Oswego Road, Clay
- Apulia Fire Company, 6441 State Route 80, Fabius
- Asian Palace, 1623-29 East Fayette Street, Syracuse
- Azteca Mexican Grill, 3783 Milton Avenue, Camillus
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 3454 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt
- Bruegger’s Bagels Bakery, 333 Nottingham Road, DeWitt
- Bull & Bear FireGrill Catering, 6491 Columnar Road, DeWitt
- Burger King Restaurant, 104-106 Fayette Street, Manlius
- Buried Acorn Brewing Company, 881 Van Rensselaer Street, Syracuse
- Bible’s Cafe, 223 North Clinton Street, Syracuse
- Cafe at 407, 407 Tulip Street, Celina
- Cafe Kubal, 343 Fayette Street, Manlius
- Cardano’s Pizza & Wings, 2608 Lodi Street, Syracuse
- Carvel, 3780 Brewerton Road, Clay
- Kathy’s Cookie Kitchen, 266 West Jefferson Street, Syracuse
- Charlie’s Ice Cream, 112 Cason Road, Camillus
- Chengdu, 6430 Kirkville Road, DeWitt
- Chorong House, 1121 East Fayette Street, Syracuse
- Cinnabon/Carvel, 9090 Destiny Usa Drive, Syracuse
- Clam Bar (The), 3914 Brewerton Road, Clay
- Crab N Go, 702 Old Liverpool Road, Salina
- Christo’s Cafe, 441 South Salina Street, Syracuse
- Dunbar American Legion Post 1642, 119 Dale Street, Syracuse
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 2851 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 3336 West Genesee Street, Geddes
- Firehouse Subs, 5308 West Genesee Street, Camillus
- Food Bank of CNY at the Magnarelli Center, 2300 Grant Boulevard, Syracuse
- CNY’s Food Bank at Wilson Park Comm., 117 South McBride Street, Syracuse
- CNY’s Food Bank at Seal Com Center, 300 West Borden Avenue, Syracuse
- Gardenview Diner, 650 Old Liverpool Road, Salina
- Harleigh Smokehouse and Grill Commissary, 6441 State Route 80, Fabius
- Home Team Pub, 7990 Oswego Road, Clay
- Hornets Nest (The), 206 Brooklea Drive, Manlius
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 425 Beechwood Avenue, Salina
- Luther Memorial Lutheran Church, 435 South Main Street, Clay
- Maggie’s Trackside Diner, 214 Oswego Street, Salina
- Magnarelli Community Center @ McChesney, 2308 Grant Boulevard, Syracuse
- McDonald’s, 5879 State Route 31, Cicero
- Moe’s Southwest Grill, 7560 Oswego Road, Clay
- Mohegan Manor, 58 Oswego Street, Lysander
- Mr. Noodle and Miss Dumpling, 2841 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse
- New Long Cheng Take Out, 1001 South Salina Street, Syracuse
- Excellent Biscuits, 2324 Court Street, Syracuse
- Outback Steakhouse, 3946 State Route 31, Clay
- PEACE Senior Nutrition at the Camillus Senior Center, 27 First Street, Camillus
- PEACE Senior Nutrition at DeWitt Community Center, 148 Sanders Creek Parkway, DeWitt
- PEACE Senior Nutrition at Ross Tower, 710-712 Lodi Street, Syracuse
- PEACE Senior Nutrition at Valley Vista Apartments, 122 West Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse
- Pitcher Hill Community Church, 605 Bailey Road, Salina
- Pizza Hut, 7365 Oswego Road, Clay
- Pompey Community Church, 2555 Barwin Road, Pompey
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, 7980 Brewerton Road, Cicero
- Purple Banana (The), 746 South Crouse Avenue, Syracuse
- River of Life Church, 750 James Street, Syracuse
- Sacred Heart Church of Cicero, 8229 Brewerton Road, Cicero
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation, 2433 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse
- Save the Whole Man at Church House, 215 Oakwood Avenue, Syracuse
- Sharkey’s Eclectic Sports Lounge, 7240 Oswego Road, Clay
- Sonic Drive-In, 3170 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt
- SU Ernie Davis Dining Center, 619 Comstock Avenue, Syracuse
- SU Life Sciences Café, 107 College Place, Syracuse
- Subway, 642 Old Liverpool Road, Salina
- Subway, 710 North Townsend Street, Syracuse
- Sugar Top Bake Shop, 408 Old Liverpool Road, Salina
- Taco Bell, 6463 Thompson Road, DeWitt
- Taco Bell, 962 East Brighton Avenue, Syracuse
- Taps, 515 Westcott Street, Syracuse
- Liverpool’s Thai Village, 105 First Street, Salina
- Tres Primos Authentic Mexican Restaurant, 1099 State Route 5, Elbridge
- Wildcat-Camillus (The), 3680 Milton Avenue, Camillus
The following institutions were found to have corrected the violations cited in previous inspections:
- Sonic Drive-In, 3808 Brewerton Road, Clay
File a complaint
See a potential violation at an Onondaga County food service establishment? You can fill this form to notify the health department.
>> View all past restaurant visit reports
Contact Brenda Duncan anytime: 315-470-2265 | email | Twitter