GRANGE GROVE TAIL | TAILGATE CONCIERGE | FOOTBALL TICKETS
CHAMPAIGN, Patient – The 2022 edition of Illinois’ premier pre-game tailgate, Grange Grove, will be open once again, with a full list of fun planned for the season. Grange Grove offers the best of Illini gear and apparel in its free public tailgate, live music, children’s area, Busey Bank Illini Sports Network pre-game radio show, and Gameday Spirit store. Grange Grove opens at 7 a.m. every game day, and the pre-game fun begins three hours before kickoff.
This year’s live music entertainment program has been determined:
- August 27 – Wyoming – Clayton Shay (Nashville, Tenn.) Garrett Biggs grew up in the cornfields of Central Illinois and plays Classical Rock and Country music.
- September 10 — Virginia – Boat Drunks (Champaign, Ill.) 21 Years OldSaint Boat Drunks are known for their year-long Jimmy Buffet-style sharp, tropical rock and roll performances.
- September 22 — Chattanooga – Land of Panda (Akron, Ohio) Funk, reggae rockers — From Prince and Jimi Hendrix to Bob Marley and Scientist, every band member without forgetting Frank Zappa, Land of Panda It adds something different to your voice.
- October 8 – Iowa – Matt Ferranti (Nashville, Tenn.) – Ferranti’s brings country style fused with Detroit R&B, sultry lyrics, clever hooks and personal storytelling.
- October 15 — Minnesota – 90’s Daughter (Champaign, Illinois) Central Illinois’ Top Party Band sings hits from the 80s, 90s and today.
- November 5 – State of Michigan – Page Mackenzie (Charleston, SC) – From Fox’s hit reality show The X-Factor, Mackenzie’s vocal talent runs as deep as her country roots.
- November 12 – Purdue – Nasty Janes (Danville, Illinois) dirty janes Bring you classic rock with its own fun funky twist. them music You like the 60’s to the 90’s.
CHILD ZONE: In addition to live musical entertainment, Grange Grove will feature a Children’s Area each week featuring inflatable games, face painting, balloon artists, and interactive science experiences with Gameday Genomics from the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology.
PRE-GAME RADIO SHOW: Fans can listen to the Busey Bank Illini Sports Network Illinois football pre-game radio show live at Grange Grove as Brian Barnhart, Steve Kelly and Martin O’Donnell preview the game of the day and interview expert guests. The official network pregame show kicks off an hour before WDWS kicks off with the local show hosted by Scott Beatty. The radio show action airs two hours before the hit.
GRANGE GROVE TAIL: Grange Grove will be open from 5 pm to 7 pm the night before each game to allow fans to pre-arrange any tailgate items. Luggage owners will be able to pull up and drop off on the north side of the lot (Lot 36). Vehicles will never be allowed to enter Grange Grove. Students will be directed to the north section and the public to the south section.
Spaces will be limited to approximately 15’x15′ to accommodate everyone. Personal tailgate tents and awnings must be 10’x10′ or smaller. Rear riding is prohibited on sidewalks or walkways and no electrical power will be provided. Security will monitor the area throughout the night; however, any product installed in the lot is at the owner’s risk.
SEAMLESS QUEUE: Fans can now access the Memorial Stadium through an installed tailgate complete with tents, tables, chairs and on-demand food service, TVs, and beverages. Tailgate Concierge offers four different tailgate sizes and price points, and tailgates can be booked per game as well as for the entire season. Tailgates will be in Grange Grove, and the night before the game the general public will have the option to place first before accessing the area.
- Field Goal – 1-10 Tailgate, 10×10 premium area
- Touchdown – 11-20 Tailgate, 10×20 premium area
- Security – 21-34 Tailgate, 15×20 premium area
- Championship – 35-50 Tailgate, 20×25 premium area
- Groups of 50+ can customize tailgates in Lot 31, Grange Grove or other group areas by purchasing 50 or more tickets.
The Tailgate Concierge will provide tailgate equipment, perform installation and removal, and have on-site personnel to assist with any other support fans may need.