This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Sharing is caring!
Are you ready for super crispy wings that can be ready in just 30 minutes? The air fryer uses a simple bread for breaded chicken wings, crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside to perfection!
Crispy chicken wings are arguably some of the best bar food, but to be honest, I’m not crazy about all the fat that goes into frying them.
That’s why I love making these deep-fried breaded chicken wings that are so much healthier but just as delicious!
The simple bread on the outside gives them a very satisfying crunch while the meat on the inside remains soft and juicy.
Best of all, they can be ready in just 30 minutes! The air fryer does all the hard work for you.
Here is what I will teach you in this article:
- How to make breaded chicken wings in the deep fryer in under 30 minutes
- What dipping sauces can you serve with your breaded wings?
- Tips and tricks for getting the crispiest, tastiest breaded deep-fried chicken wings
- The easy way to reheat chicken wings in an air fryer
Whether you’re with friends for game day or looking for a fun finger food for your next family meal, breaded wings are always a hit. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and watch them disappear!
I made it using this recipe 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Breaded Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the wings on a large plate, drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
SECOND STEP: In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and black pepper in a bowl to make bread.
STEP THREE: Cover the wings with bread one at a time, then transfer to a dry plate or paper towel. Repeat until all wings are covered.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
FIFTH STEP: Place the wings in the air fryer basket, leaving some space around each. Cook in batches if necessary.
STEP SIX: Cook for 14-16 minutes, turning halfway through.
STEP SEVEN: When the wings are crispy, use a meat thermometer to make sure they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and then remove from the fryer.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauces for Serving Breaded Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
Tips for Making the Best Crispy Bread Fryer Chicken Wings
- Make sure there is some space between each fin on the air fryer so that warm air can circulate properly. This ensures that the breads are completely crispy on all sides!
- Spray the wings with an EVO Oil Sprayer to crisp the bread halfway through cooking. This will also get rid of any white residue left over from the flour.
- After 7 or 8 minutes, use tongs to carefully turn the wings over to ensure even cooking of the breaded wings in the fryer.
- The Instant Read Thermometer is the best way to know when your wings are fully cooked. You want the thermometer to read 165 degrees F when placed in the thickest part of the largest wing.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Wings?
How to Reheat Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
Whether you have leftovers from this recipe or a takeaway from your local sports bar, an air fryer is the best way to reheat wings! They will be as crispy and delicious as your first bite.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place remaining wings in fryer basket.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the outside is crispy and the wings are warm.
More information on reheating chicken wings in an air fryer can be found here.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Wings You’ll Love:
Do you like air frying? Join us newsletter! You can also follow us Facebook, Instagramor join us free Facebook Air Frying Community.
1 kilo of chicken wings
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your fryer to 400 degrees.
- Put your wings on a large plate. Drizzle oil over them and toss to coat.
- To make bread, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, paprika and black pepper in a bowl. Cover the wings with bread one at a time. Place them on a dry plate or paper towel until you’ve finished them all.
- Place the wings in the fryer leaving some space around them. Cook, turning ½ for 14-16 minutes. When they are crispy, use a meat thermometer to make sure they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Quantity Per Serving:
Calorie: 523Total fat: 38gSaturated fat: 11gTrans fat: 1gUnsaturated fat: 25gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1028mgcarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gCandy: 0gProtein: 21g
This nutritional information is based on the same products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products can vary the exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
Sharing is caring!